How to Get Rid of Spiders on Your Boat Dock
Spiders on your boat dock can cause many problems. Not only are they unsightly, but spiders can eat away at your boat dock and cause costly damage that will need to be repaired by a professional. If you find that the spider infestation on your boat dock is getting out of control, don't fret. There are many easy ways to get rid of these pesky spiders.
Some ways to get rid of spiders on your dock naturally include:
- Power washing your dock: power washing will take out any spiders hiding in small cracks and crevices.
- Using a broom: when you sweep off your boat dock, spiders will often be swept away as well. If this doesn't take care of them all, then move on to one of the other suggestions.
- Using dichotomous earth: Dichotomous earth is a natural substance that has been known to be effective in getting rid of spiders. Sprinkle it around your boat dock and down into any cracks or crevices that may be harboring spider eggs. This substance works to suffocate the larvae.
- Spraying saltwater: Saltwater will also deter spiders. It's important to ensure that the dock is properly rinsed after the salt has been applied.
- Using citrus oil: Mix together water and orange oil into a spray bottle. Spray the mixture onto your boat dock to kill any spiders as well as their larvae.
- Using vinegar: Vinegar will take out spider eggs and stop them from hatching. Mix vinegar with water, spray the mixture on your dock, leave for 20 minutes then rinse off. This may have to be repeated several times to get rid of all the spiders.
- Spraying a bleach mixture: Spray a solution of one part bleach and 10 parts water on the spiders. The bleach solution will kill the spiders but is completely safe for humans.
- Placing mothballs around the dock: Mothballs are poisonous to spiders and will get rid of spiders on your boat dock within a few days.
- Boiling water: Boil water in a large pot and pour it in areas where you have seen spider webbing. The boiling water will kill most, if not all spiders on your dock.
Getting rid of spiders on your dock with DIY treatments include:
- Using insecticidal soap.
- Using a commercial spider repellent or insecticide spray.
- Installing glue traps around the dock.
Get Spiders off Your Dock With Professional Pest Control
The above tips are great for getting rid of spiders on your dock, but if you want to get rid of spiders effectively and without hassle, contact your local pest control company. They can help by having an exterminator come out to the dock for professional removal. If you're in the Austin, TX area, contact Justice Pest Services or check out our misting systems for continuous spider protection. Our local exterminators in Lakeway, Marble Falls, Austin, and the surrounding area, will get rid of spiders on your dock so you can enjoy the beautiful weather and lakes that Texas has to offer!